RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Today Redux

Eventually, sooner rather than later, and usually before we're ready, life has to move on from other things, or in the midst of other things.

Tonight is our final dress rehearsal for Mame. For three months my cast and crew have knocked themselves out putting this show together, and tonight we finish up with the prep work and fine tuning and call this thing ready for prime time.

And I think we are. Not in a "we've got this nailed" sort of way, but in a "Hey, this is going to work after all" sort of way. The show has really followed the standard path of getting off to a great start, seeming to go nowhere for weeks, trying to come together, a bunch of things going off the wire, then really coming together when you get everyone all dressed up.

My crew and I haven't been overly nervous, and I think it's only because we've seen this before in the many shows we've done.

I'm not going to say it's going to be slick like a Broadway Spectacular, but I think my actors and crew are going to bring our big house in the little town down.

I'm so proud of them. I'll have some pics from opening night to post over the weekend.

Until then...

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites