RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Five from Kos

Kos asked, and was asked, and answered, and asked, and I answered and asked, so he answered and asked, and here we are:

1. Describe your favorite piece of clothing in as much detail as possible.

Oh, lawsy, I'm not very clothing-centric, but I guess I'll answer that my Ariat Sierra Boots. I have a black pair and a henna pair (which is sort of a rust colored brown.) These aren't your typical boots. Rather than having a tall, narrow heel and pointed toes, they're more rounded with a flatter, wider heel, and rubber soled rather than leather. They're more of a working boot than a fancy western boot, with very little adornment, save a simple stitch pattern around the top and heel and the Ariat logo on in front of the ankle. They break in very easily and quickly, and are comfortable even when I'm on my feet all day. They come in very handy when I have to be out in strawberry fields and such, as I don't worry about destroying them like I would if I was in prissy dress shoes. I haven't had sneakers or other dress shoes for a couple years now, though I did have to buy a pair of Nike high-tops for the play I'm in. Can't go clunking about in work boots, however comfy they may be.

2. What brands are you most loyal to, and why?

Ah, now this is easy. Coca-Cola. Pepsi Bad, Coke Good. Coke is the right balance of bitter and sweet. It doesn't taste like melted cotton candy like Pepsi does. Others? Newcastle Brown, for beer. I like a some weight to my beer, with some bitterness, but I also like it smooth, and Newcastle falls right in that sweet spot. Blockbuster over Netflix, because I can get extra movies when I'm done with a mailed one. Cheez-Its over Cheese Nips, because they're crunchier.

Okay, that's enough junk food. How about Ford over Chevy, because they're just freakin' BETTER! And they don't feel so cheap inside. And it runs like a top.

And how about a brand I'll never knowingly spend another dime on in my life. Dell. Dell is shite. My Dell laptop has so many stupid quirky problems that I never experienced with my first three laptops, which were HP, Compaq, and Sony respectively. Plus Dell as a company has screwed over two members of my family over the last couple years, so I'm done with them.

3. If you had to choose one junk food, and for the rest of your life that was the only junk food you were allowed to eat, which would it be?

OMG... Coca-Cola. I could live without every other cookie, cracker, chip, candy, etc., but no Coke, no life! If I had to pick a food food, something solid, it'd defintely be chips n' rilly hot salsa.

4. Who was your first real crush, and what was she like?

Ah, Kelly Calland. We first met in the fourth grade, when we were nine. Our first date was a daytime trip to the movies in Fallon, Nevada. We held hands and I was on top of the world. We played together every day on the playground. Just before we turned 10, Star Wars came to town. Daily during recess we acted out the movie with a big group of friends. I was Luke and she was Leia. Dang, glad we didn't know about the whole brother/sister thing.

Anyway, that summer she moved to Washington and I only heard from her once during the next couple years. In 7th grade she moved back. During our first dance of the year I asked her to dance. We danced the entire time, and I went from crush to first love. We spent hours and hours together, seeing movies, listening to KISS albums, and just being together, hand in hand.

She was awfully pretty, and as she was starting to become a young woman, she was becoming beautiful. She had the cutest birth mark on her temple, a big freckle that was somehow cute on her. She had shoulder length blond hair and cute freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her eyes were pretty and brown. She was lively and always smiling. She was proper and never let me kiss her, though we held hands all the time, and I put an arm around her at the movies. She had a rough home life, yet even when complaining about it, she would just get it off her chest and get on with having fun.

Anyway, near the end of that year my own immaturity caught up with me. She decided that she didn't want to go with a boy who still played with Micronauts and Star Wars toys. She wrote me a long note. I tried to talk her out of it, but her mind was set. She was also my first heartbreaker. Every evening I had to ride my bike past her house delivering the paper and I would just pray for a glimpse of her. A couple of times we talked, but I acted so desperate to be back with her that I blew any chance of just being normal. If I'd just been myself, things might have lasted a little longer.

She's a girl I could have married if life had taken a different path. Fortunately for me, it didn't, and I found the woman of my dreams.

5. You have to drive from Denver to San Francisco in 15 hours, and can choose any car ever made to do it in. Which car would you choose? (this question relates to the movie "Vanishing Point," which you must see if you haven't)

Well, I haven't seen Vanishing Point, but I think I would try to find a combo of performance and comfort. I'd have to choose an Aston Martin DB9. Haul-ass fast car, with European comfort to boot.

Okay, that's my five from Kos. Here are the rules if you want to keep it going:

Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions, and let me know that you answered. If you don't have a blog, but would still like to play, I can send you the questions, and you can answer 'em in the comments.

You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites