March Movie Madness Sideshow
What? You're already done with your picks for Kos's March Movie Madness and you're sitting about twiddling your thumbs awaiting 6PM Eastern?
Well, I've got something here to pass the time: It's Looney's Triple-M Sideshow!
Following are 64 movie quotes. They're not just any quotes, though, each is from one of the movies in the original bracket. So you've got a list to go with. Some of these are easier than others, certainly. Some quotes are just too precious to pass up, even if they are relative freebies.
Only two rules. If your name is Jeff, you can only answer 10 at the most, at least until peeps have given up on the rest. (Actually, that rule applies to anyone!) The second is, come on, say it with me: NO GOOGLING!
UPDATE: Okay, the answers are filled in, along with the person who posted the correct answer first! Thanks for playing along!
So, here we go:
1. When a man says no to champagne, he says no to life.
The Deer Hunter - Kos
2. I think I shall have to hang you twice.
The African Queen - Kos
3. I can't rewrite what's perfect!
Amadeus - Kos
4. What a story! Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.
All About Eve - Kos
5. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
The Wizard of Oz - Kos
6. How's everything in the pimp business?
Taxi Driver - O'Tim
7. How could I have known that murder could sometimes smell like honeysuckle?
Double Indemnity - Kos
8. Well, apparently, we're both suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosity.
Sound of Music - O'Tim
9. What do you call assassins who accuse assassins?
Apocalypse Now - Kos
10. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Dr. Strangelove - Mark
11. With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.
Gone with the Wind - Eden
12. And our bodies are earth. And our thoughts are clay. And we sleep and eat with death.
All Quiet on the Western Front
13. I don't care what the reasons are: I forbid you to fight.
To Kill a Mockingbird - Kos
14. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life.
Star Wars - Eden
15. In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.
North by Northwest - Kos
16. Oh, Frank, my lips are hot. Kiss my hot lips.
MASH - Mark
17. Who's an animal? Your mother's an animal, ya son of a bitch.
Raging Bull - Eden
18. A man who tells lies, like me, merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Lawrence of Arabia
19. How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?
E.T.: The Extraterrestrial - Kos
20. We'll tell you anything you want to hear, we lie like hell.
Network - Kos
21. I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows till you come home.
Duck Soup - Paula
22. My, we seem to be a little short on brotherly love round here.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Kos
23. Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man.
A Clockwork Orange - Joe
24. Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking.
The Godfather - Mark
25. Who are you to refuse my sugar? Who are you to refuse me anything?
26. You can't buy a bag of peanuts in this town without someone writing a song about you.
Citizen Kane - Kos
27. It only took me one night to realize if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your nose.
American Graffiti - O'Tim
28. According to you, people should be born, live, and die in the same place.
Rear Window - Kos
29. There's nothing tragic about being fifty. Not unless you're trying to be twenty-five.
Sunset Boulevard - Nat
30. Pay attention, we're gonna ask questions later!
The French Connection
31. Either I'm dead right, or I'm crazy!
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
32. My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks.
Annie Hall - Kos
33. There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that enter a room and turn the television set on, and those that enter a room and turn the television set off.
The Manchurian Candidate - Kos
34. Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket!
Bridge Over the River Kwai - O'Tim
35. 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.
Chinatown - Kos
36. Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.
Midnight Cowboy - O'Tim
37. I been savin' this money for a divorce, if ever I got a husband.
It's a Wonderful Life - O'Tim
38. Deliberate cruelty is unforgivable, and the one thing of which I have never, ever been guilty of.
A Streetcar Named Desire - Eden
39. Well, uh, it doesn't make much sense for a guy who hates the water to live on an island either.
Jaws - Eden
40. Don't be alarmed, ladies and gentlemen. Those chains are made of chrome steel.
King Kong - Paula
41. Look, All you have to do is tell me what it's worth to you. What's a person worth to you?
Schindler's List - Kos
42. We've been waiting here an hour. He's peed three times already.
Fargo - Kos
43. Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!
Some Like it Hot - Eden
44. He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Kos
45. I'm the only cause I'm interested in.
Casablanca - O'Tim
46. Are you here for an affair, sir?
The Graduate - Paula
47. Some people think the Crucifixion only took place on Calvary. Well, they better wise up!
On the Waterfront - Kos
48. You know something? You read too many comic books.
Rebel Without a Cause - O'Tim
49. All I can say is, they did right by me - and I'm bringin' me and a mess of flowers to their funeral.
Bonnie & Clyde - Kos
50. If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
The Godfather II - Nat
51. What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!
Singin' in the Rain - Kos
52. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
2001: A Space Odyssey - Don
53. This is the Voice of Doom calling. Your days are numbered, to the seventh son of the seventh son.
Philadelphia Story - O'Tim
54. Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Kos
55. Let's go to a phone booth or something, huh? Where I will unveil a fifth of whiskey, I have hidden here under my loose, flowing sports shirt.
From Here to Eternity - Kos
56. Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.
Goodfellas - Joe
57. This is just a dirty little village in the middle of nowhere. Nothing that happens here is really important.
58. She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother.
Psycho - Paula
59. Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one.
Grapes of Wrath
60. I come from a long line of stubborn idiots!
It Happened One Night - Kos
61. I distrust a man who says "when." If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does.
The Maltese Falcon - Kos
62. Come in, come in! We won't bite you until we know you better.
West Side Story - Kos
63. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.
Easy Rider - Kos
64. You know, the worst ain't so bad when it finally happens. Not half as bad as you figure it'll be before it's happened.
Treasure of the Sierra Madre - Kos
All right! Get to it!