RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Friday, March 16, 2007

March Movie Madness Sideshow

What? You're already done with your picks for Kos's March Movie Madness and you're sitting about twiddling your thumbs awaiting 6PM Eastern?

Well, I've got something here to pass the time: It's Looney's Triple-M Sideshow!

Following are 64 movie quotes. They're not just any quotes, though, each is from one of the movies in the original bracket. So you've got a list to go with. Some of these are easier than others, certainly. Some quotes are just too precious to pass up, even if they are relative freebies.

Only two rules. If your name is Jeff, you can only answer 10 at the most, at least until peeps have given up on the rest. (Actually, that rule applies to anyone!) The second is, come on, say it with me: NO GOOGLING!

UPDATE: Okay, the answers are filled in, along with the person who posted the correct answer first! Thanks for playing along!

So, here we go:

1. When a man says no to champagne, he says no to life.
The Deer Hunter - Kos

2. I think I shall have to hang you twice.
The African Queen - Kos

3. I can't rewrite what's perfect!
Amadeus - Kos

4. What a story! Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.
All About Eve - Kos

5. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
The Wizard of Oz - Kos

6. How's everything in the pimp business?
Taxi Driver - O'Tim

7. How could I have known that murder could sometimes smell like honeysuckle?
Double Indemnity - Kos

8. Well, apparently, we're both suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosity.
Sound of Music - O'Tim

9. What do you call assassins who accuse assassins?
Apocalypse Now - Kos

10. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Dr. Strangelove - Mark

11. With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.
Gone with the Wind - Eden

12. And our bodies are earth. And our thoughts are clay. And we sleep and eat with death.
All Quiet on the Western Front

13. I don't care what the reasons are: I forbid you to fight.
To Kill a Mockingbird - Kos

14. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life.
Star Wars - Eden

15. In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration.
North by Northwest - Kos

16. Oh, Frank, my lips are hot. Kiss my hot lips.
MASH - Mark

17. Who's an animal? Your mother's an animal, ya son of a bitch.
Raging Bull - Eden

18. A man who tells lies, like me, merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Lawrence of Arabia

19. How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?
E.T.: The Extraterrestrial - Kos

20. We'll tell you anything you want to hear, we lie like hell.
Network - Kos

21. I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows till you come home.
Duck Soup - Paula

22. My, we seem to be a little short on brotherly love round here.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Kos

23. Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man.
A Clockwork Orange - Joe

24. Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking.
The Godfather - Mark

25. Who are you to refuse my sugar? Who are you to refuse me anything?
Doctor Zhivago

26. You can't buy a bag of peanuts in this town without someone writing a song about you.
Citizen Kane - Kos

27. It only took me one night to realize if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your nose.
American Graffiti - O'Tim

28. According to you, people should be born, live, and die in the same place.
Rear Window - Kos

29. There's nothing tragic about being fifty. Not unless you're trying to be twenty-five.
Sunset Boulevard - Nat

30. Pay attention, we're gonna ask questions later!
The French Connection

31. Either I'm dead right, or I'm crazy!
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

32. My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks.
Annie Hall - Kos

33. There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that enter a room and turn the television set on, and those that enter a room and turn the television set off.
The Manchurian Candidate - Kos

34. Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket!
Bridge Over the River Kwai - O'Tim

35. 'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.
Chinatown - Kos

36. Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.
Midnight Cowboy - O'Tim

37. I been savin' this money for a divorce, if ever I got a husband.
It's a Wonderful Life - O'Tim

38. Deliberate cruelty is unforgivable, and the one thing of which I have never, ever been guilty of.
A Streetcar Named Desire - Eden

39. Well, uh, it doesn't make much sense for a guy who hates the water to live on an island either.
Jaws - Eden

40. Don't be alarmed, ladies and gentlemen. Those chains are made of chrome steel.
King Kong - Paula

41. Look, All you have to do is tell me what it's worth to you. What's a person worth to you?
Schindler's List - Kos

42. We've been waiting here an hour. He's peed three times already.
Fargo - Kos

43. Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!
Some Like it Hot - Eden

44. He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Kos

45. I'm the only cause I'm interested in.
Casablanca - O'Tim

46. Are you here for an affair, sir?
The Graduate - Paula

47. Some people think the Crucifixion only took place on Calvary. Well, they better wise up!
On the Waterfront - Kos

48. You know something? You read too many comic books.
Rebel Without a Cause - O'Tim

49. All I can say is, they did right by me - and I'm bringin' me and a mess of flowers to their funeral.
Bonnie & Clyde - Kos

50. If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
The Godfather II - Nat

51. What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!
Singin' in the Rain - Kos

52. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
2001: A Space Odyssey - Don

53. This is the Voice of Doom calling. Your days are numbered, to the seventh son of the seventh son.
Philadelphia Story - O'Tim

54. Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Kos

55. Let's go to a phone booth or something, huh? Where I will unveil a fifth of whiskey, I have hidden here under my loose, flowing sports shirt.
From Here to Eternity - Kos

56. Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.
Goodfellas - Joe

57. This is just a dirty little village in the middle of nowhere. Nothing that happens here is really important.
High Noon

58. She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother.
Psycho - Paula

59. Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one.
Grapes of Wrath

60. I come from a long line of stubborn idiots!
It Happened One Night - Kos

61. I distrust a man who says "when." If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does.
The Maltese Falcon - Kos

62. Come in, come in! We won't bite you until we know you better.
West Side Story - Kos

63. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.
Easy Rider - Kos

64. You know, the worst ain't so bad when it finally happens. Not half as bad as you figure it'll be before it's happened.
Treasure of the Sierra Madre - Kos

All right! Get to it!

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites