RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Monday, October 16, 2006

Blimey, That's a Cracker!

This is cracking me up.

Now I know that there is some athleticism to Cricket, so don't get me wrong. I mean, they do hit balls like baseballers do, and they have to run from wicket to wicket, over and over again, over a 3 to 5 day match sometimes. I get that.

But when you think of Cricket, you think of tea and crumpets, champagne brunch, British Royalty, nicely pressed uniforms, funny hats, and gentlemen dashing about a big oval leisurely shagging balls. You just don't think of juiced up mandroids like Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco, you know? I mean, look at the guys in the pics (there are a couple links on the page.) Especially Asif. He looks like he hasn't had three meals in a day ever.

Ah, anyway, doping in any sport is just sad and frustrating and unreasonable and disgusting.

Except when you're talking about Cricket. Then it's just funny.

I mean, how well does nandrolone go down with tea and crumpets?

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites