RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Music Man

I copped this from UV, cause that's just what I do...

NAME UP TO THREE:

Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- Achy-Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus (gaaaak!)
- People by Barbra Streisand
- Any Crap... I mean Rap (Freudian slip...)

Musical artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- Barry Manilow
- Barbra Streisand
- Any Rap

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
- Satisfaction
- Ruby Tuesday
- You Can't Always Get What You Want

Beatles Song(s) I Love
- Let it Be
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- Hey Jude

Who Song(s) I Love
- Baba O'Reilly!!!!!!!! (Whoever didn't say this first is an ambisexual walnut)
- Happy Jack
- I Can See for Miles

Dylan Song(s) I Love
- Blowin' in the Wind
- Like a Rollin' Stone
- Mr. Tambourine Man

Reggae Songs I Love
- Red, Red Wine (I know, it was really Neil Diamond, but UB40 version is much better!)
- Pass the Dutchie
- Many Rivers to Cross (yes, stuck on UB40 - shaddap)

Country Song(s) I Love
- I Walk the Line, by Johnny Cash
- Man of Constant Sorrows, by Union Station
- Devil Went Down to Georgia, by Charlie Daniels Band

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
- Searching for Bobby Fischer, by James Horner
- The Village, by James Newton Howard
- Fargo, by Carter Burwell
- The Truman Show, by Burkhard Dallwith (plus pieces by Phillip Glass)

Cover Song(s) I Love
- You Really Got Me, by Van Halen
- Then She Kissed Me, by KISS
- Can't Help Falling In Love - UB40 (I already said Red Red Wine above!)

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
- Christina Aguilera
- Shakira
- Dashboard Confessional

Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears
- The Parting Glass, trad. Irish
- Danny Boy, trad. Irish
- I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me
- Cat's in the Cradle, by Harry Chapin
- Butterfly Kisses, by Bob Carlisle

Rap/Hip Hop Song(s) I Love (I'm impressed I could think of three!)
- The Whole World, by Outkast
- Hey Mama, by Black Eyed Peas
- I'm Really Hot, by Missy Elliot

70s Disco Song(s) I Love (anyone see what connects these three?)
- A Fifth of Beethoven, by Walter Murphy
- Disco Inferno, by The Trammps
- Night on Disco Mountain, by David Shire

Novelty Song(s) I Love
- Amish Paradise, by Weird Al Yankovic
- I Bought it on Ebay, by Weird Al Yankovic
- Pretty Fly For A Rabbi by Weird Al Yankovic

Soul/R&B Songs I Love
- Sir Duke, by Stevie Wonder
- The Dock of the Bay, by Otis Redding
- River Deep, Mountain High, by Tina Turner

Power Ballad(s) I Love
- Sweet Child o' Mine, by Guns N' Roses
- Don't Want to Miss a Thing, by Aerosmith
- Beth, by KISS

Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love (It didn't say how PRE 50's it had to be!)
- Nessun Dorma, by Giuseppe Verdi
- Che Gelida Manina, by Giuseppe Verdi
- How Firm a Foundation, trad. Sacred

Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love
- Scarborough Fair, by Simon & Garfunkel
- Adrian, by Jewel
- Bitter, by Jill Sobule

Song(s) to Have Sex To
- Ambient New Age Music :)

Classical Albums I Love (added because... well, just because)
- A Cappella 1990-2000, by Eric Whitacre
- Harmonium, by John Adams
- Symphony #2, by Aaron Jay Kernis

None of the Above Song(s) I Love
- Silver & Cold, by AFI
- This Time Imperfect, by AFI
- Death of Season, by AFI

Have fun...

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites