Thirteen Ways I Am a Geek
Okay, I've stalled long enough. Paula keeps going Thirteen! Thirteen! Awk! Do Thirteen!
I am a hopeless, irredeemable geek. So, going back over the last nearly 39 years, I shall try to illustrate 13 examples of my geekiness:
1. I was a band geek throughout school
2. And a drama geek as well
3. And I took that geekdom to community theatre
4. Some friends who knew I was in band talked me into becoming a choir geek as well
5. From there trained to sing opera, listened to opera when peers were listening to Guns & Roses and Iron Maiden
6. Was a speech and debate champ
7. And an annual spelling bee finalist
8. I love Star Wars
9. And Star Trek... and have been to two conventions!
10. I read fantasy fiction
11. I write fantasy fiction and draw maps for my stories
12. I've played in chess tournaments
13. And yes, *sigh* I play Dungeons & Dragons
So, are you a geek too? Geek below.