RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Friday, March 17, 2006

Grand Slam!

What on Earth is it about Denny's?

I mean, holy crapola! You can't even walk in to get your Pyramid Breakfast without a flak jacket.

Why do these sort of events cluster like this? What is it about our connected society that creates these odd patterns. This happened years ago with school shootings. I don't remember which was the first, but they were suddenly epidemic, relatively speaking. What effect does the news of one whacko murder at a Denny's have on the guy who carries a piece into the next Denny's he goes into?

I mean, it's not the food, right?

Actually that first shooting took place a few hours before I drove by that Denny's. It's right on the highway at the Five Cities shopping/travel stop area. There were no less than a dozen news vans all around, lights and antennas everywhere, and instantly I knew someone had been shot. I mean, what else, right?

Is there a connection, or are we so surrounded by chaos and coincidence, a flood of billions of tiny events every day, that these things are simply bound to happen now and then?

I don't know. I'm asking you.

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites