RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

More Hysterical Madness

Oh boy, the protesting nutjobs are at it again. This latest article cracked me up. I didn't mean for it to do so, but it did. Check it out:

We HATE Chicken!

Now, did you catch that second paragraph?

Security forces fired into the air as they struggled to contain the unrest in the eastern city of Lahore, where protesters burned down four buildings housing a hotel, two banks, a KFC restaurant and the office of a Norwegian cell phone company, Telenor.

LOL, they trashed a KFC! Perfect. A public service, that! Where the hell were they last year when I got food poisoning at the local KFC? Gawd, I would love to have drawn a pic of the prophet gorging at the local KFC if it would have gotten those nuts to burn it down that day.

Sorry, but I just can't sympathize with these violent mobs. I know Zen thinks they were provoked. Sure, maybe provoked to write some letters, even boycott Dutch products. But running amok, burning, vandalizing, rioting? No, not in any sense of reason. And I'm afraid I can't bring myself to sympathize with the reason they're upset. They've been burning and desecrating our most beloved symbols for years, and now we're supposed to be sorry somebody drew a cartoon of their poor widdle pwophet?

Bull***t, I say, and far too much of it. I think the one thing Zen and I might agree on in this (and he'll correct me, because I'm always wrong) is that this is what you get when you have impoverished, undereducated societies run with an iron fist by the religious right.

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites