RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mi...mi-mi-mi-mi-meme...

Ah, Music. This lovely bint tagged me, likely because rather than discuss the deep stuff of God and the Universe, she'd rather diggle on our listening habits.

Worthy, if I may say so myself.

So here are mine:

Total Volume of Music Files on my Computer

Heh. Heh-heh-heh-heh... Um. Okay: 25.42 GB. Yes, Gigabytes. All paid for too, none of this filesharing crap... don't get me started on copyrights.

Last CD I bought

John Tavener: Lamentations and Praises, performed by Chanticleer.

Song Playing Right NOW

I Thank You God for Most This Amazing Day, by Eric Whitacre, of a poem by e. e. cummings, performed by the Brigham Young University Chorale.

Five Songs I Listen to a lot or that Mean a lot to Me

Hmmm... Okay:

1. Be Thou My Vision, trad. sacred: My favorite hymn. It shall be played at my funeral, or I'll crawl out of my casket/urn and play it myself.

2. Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine, by Eric Whitacre, lyrics by Charles Anthony Silvestri: A choral masterpiece, a brilliant bit of harmonic storytelling. Really, I recommend ALL of Whitacre's works.

3. Cantate Domino, by Arvo Part, trad. sacred: Brilliant, like floating through a hazy, ethereal church.

4. If You Want Me To, perf. by Ginny Owens: A beautiful song of surrender and trust in God.

5. Pachelbel's Canon in D: Not for any aesthetic reason, but just because when I hear it, I see my lovely wife walking down the aisle all over again (Everybody now... Awwwwwww...)

There are more, such as O Magnum Mysterium, by Morten Lauridsen, or Deora Ar Mo Chroi, by Enya, or Motherland, by Mary McLaughlin, or Dante's Prayer, by Loreena McKennitt, or, erm, that's enough...

Five People I Am Passing This Baton to: Lordy, who the hell am I going to send this to? Sure, I'll pick five, but they'll be five who wouldn't do this if I begged... lessee...

Hell, all the people I'd forward to are already done... I don't have that big a circle! And there are those I wouldn't tag, so I guess I screwed up the whole stupid game! HA!

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites