RANT OF THE LOON - ADVENTURES IN THE LOONEYSPHERE

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Too Thowzend Phor

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Spent a weekend horseback riding up in the mountains.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope and maybe

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My bookkeeper had a grandchild :-)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My boss, Mickey. I still miss him terribly.

5. What countries did you visit?
I was lucky to get out of the house, let alone the country.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More time to work in my studio.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 25, the day Mickey died.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually recording my first songs.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Songs rejected by a publisher.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just minor illnesses.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New uilleann bagpipes!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Oh, my kids aren't perfect, but they are wonderful.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmmmm, I can't answer now, maybe in a year or two. Email me and I'll tell you.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Into my wife's new horse account.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking my daughter to see Good Charlotte.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Predictable

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Recording.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Websurfing.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent Christmas Eve with my wife's birth mother's family, Christmas AM with my wife's family, and Christmas dinner with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I fell further in love :-)

22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
World Poker Tour

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes.

25. What was the best book you read?
Antiquity by Norman Cantor

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Loreena McKennitt

27. What did you want and get?
Bagpipes! (See #11)

28. What did you want and not get?
A Gibson Les Paul Class 5 Figured Transparent White Flame Top.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Passion of the Christ.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Celebrated my kids' birthdays. (Mine's June 14, my daughter's the 12th, and my older son's the 15th.)

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If some of my songs had been recorded.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Smart Casual.

33. What kept you sane?
My family and my boss, Peggy.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Shana Hiatt

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Iraq/Presidential Election

36. Who did you miss?
Mickey.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Steve Hatch

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Life is going to suck from time to time. How you respond to life is the litmus test of your quality.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sad I bid on craggy coll, and fain would be sailing out with thee.

40. How do you feel about ending a meme at 39?
Despondent and inconsolable.

ABOUT

It's about me, dummy!!!

LINKS

Patzer's Progress
Movie Magic Screenwriter
Film Freaks Film Club
Collingwood FC

Newcastle United

Oakland Raiders

San Jose Sharks

BLOGROLL

Light Motifs
Yeah Whatever
LawyerWorldLand
Under the Bridge
Much That is Hidden
Grapes 2.0
Quotidian Vicissitudes
The Fifth Column
Out of Me Head
Ole Blue the Heretic
Stab Film
What is Hip

ARCHIVES

EMAIL

Looney Mail

SITE FEED

CREDITS

Add to Technorati Favorites